We know you will want to treat your fabulous Mum to her favourite gin at Hogarths this Mothers Day (This Sunday 31st March). Are you wondering what you can present to your Mum as a gift, one she’ll truly love? Well here at Hogarths we have come up with a scrumptious, gin truffles recipe to really make your mums mouth water.
Our truffle recipe allows you to add your favourite gin to create Mums favourite things in life; chocolate and gin. What more could be perfect? These truffles are easy to make and gorgeous to taste.
What You Will Need
340ml whipping cream, whipped
50 ml of your favourite gin. For extra chocolate flavour use ELY Gin with Dark Chocolate
225g high quality dark chocolate
170g high quality dark chocolate, shaved or very finely chopped
How We Made Them
- Melt the dark chocolate
- In the bowl of melted chocolate, slowly pour the whipped cream, and gently fold to incorporate the chocolate until the mixture is all combined.
- Add the 50 ml ELY Gin to the mixture
- Pour yourself a huge Gin and Tonic (you deserve it)
- Put the shaved chocolate in a shallow tray to get ready for dredging. (alternatively use cocoa powder.)
- Drop one tablespoon of the whipped cream-chocolate mixture into the shaved chocolate and coat in the chocolate shavings.
- Once it is lightly coated, gently roll between your hands to shape the truffle into a ball. Set aside and repeat until all of the truffles have been rolled.
- Refrigerate the chocolate truffles for a minimum of four to six hours before serving. The truffles can also be stored and served direct from the freezer for a surprising and decadent treat.
We advise as the truffles are refrigerating to grab a bottle of your favourite gin, its perfect serve tonic and drink yourself merry whilst waiting for your wonderful truffles to cool.
So no matter what plans you have this weekend, get yourself into the kitchen and create some of these delicious dark chocolate truffles and gift them to your Mum. Then head to your favourite gin palace and enjoy a well deserved Hogarths perfect serve (or 2)