For all you Gin lovers out there, get yourself in the kitchen and whack up a batch of these gorgeous gin jellies that will most definitely make you feel as if you are sipping a G&T in the sunshine.
Concocted by the creative minds of those on Slimming World, these Haribo-Style sweets are definitely a guilt-free treat for your taste buds.
The batch here are made with Gordon’s Gin, a simple Hartley’s jelly mix, gelatine and fat free yogurt. So for those of you out there on Slimming World, Each treat is less than 0.5 syns (more than your regular Haribo-sweets – but definitely worth it).
1 sachet of jelly (For a true Ginesque sweet – use Hartley’s Lemon and Lime Sugar Free)
2 sachets of Gelatine (Available in many Home Baking Supermarket aisles)
1 tub of Muller light yogurt (Recommend low fat lemon flavour)
How to make these delicious treats
- Pour ¾ of pint of boiling water into a jug. Add ¼ pint of gin to the water.
- Drink some gin
- Add the jelly and gelatine and stir until all the gelatine and jelly has visibly dissolved
- Drink some gin
- Pour ¾ of the mixture into a square Tupperware tub and leave to set in the fridge for approximately 20 mins.
- Whilst your waiting for the jelly to set – drink some gin
- When the jelly is springy to touch and has set – add the yogurt to the remaining jelly & gelatine mix in the jug – stir and pour into the Tupperware
- Bored waiting another 30 mins? Have a gin
- By this time, you should be rather tipsy and your gin treats should be ready. Check the mixture is fully set (it should spring back when touched). Cut into cubes and enjoy with friends.
- Talk about how amazing your treats are to your friends whilst enjoying another glass of gin.
More creative creations
- Swap your regular gins for a more flavoured option to create a fruity twist on this classic – Recommend Brockman’s, Edinburgh Raspberry or Whitley Neil Rhubarb with Raspberry Jelly
- Swap your yogurt for custard and make your very own Sweetshop classic – rhubarb and custard
Whatever taste tickles your taste buds just remember…be GINspirational