Gintastic Chocolate Brownies
With the powers of Slimming World evident across the UK, it is difficult not to find someone who has done it or is currently doing it.
So here at Hogarth’s, we have decided to combine our two favourite ingredients – Gin and Chocolate to bring you a ginspirational Slimming World recipe for the tastiest brownies you’ll find.
Featuring ELY Dark Chocolate Gin, these gorgeous and delicious treats come in at 3 syns per brownie so there’s no need to feel guilty after snacking on these gintastic chocolatey pieces of goodness.
Often enjoyed neat, ELY Dark Chocolate Gin is an experience for all. This dry gin is unsweetened but provides a beautiful cocoa bitterness that would tantalise the taste buds of any chocolate lover. Founded in March 2012, ELY Gin was the mastermind of the computer programmer, James Clark, who had a passion of creating gin. Since then the company has boomed and ELY is now in its 6th year in trading. Some of their fantastic gin range includes Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Orange, Breakfast Marmalade and even Afternoon Tea. So no matter what your taste bud fancies, ELY gin has something for you.
Here’s how we made our fantastic Brownies
What you will need:
- ELY Dark Chocolate Gin (Approx. 50ml)
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 50g Flora Light
- 2tsp Cocoa Powder
- 4 eggs
- 4Tsps of Sweet Freedom Choc Shot
- 4tbsp Granulated Sweetener
- 25g Dark Chocolate Chips
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Spray a baking tin (approx 8×8 inches) with Frylight and line the bottom with baking parchment.
2. Place the Flora Light, granulated sweetener, baking powder, self-raising flour, eggs, ELY Dark Chocolate Gin (Approx. 50ml), cocoa and choc shot into a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
*Drink some gin
3. Pour into the lined baking tin and sprinkle over the dark chocolate chips. Place in the oven for 17 minutes.
*Whilst waiting, drink a few glasses of gin.
4. Once cooked, turn out onto a wire rack and remove the baking parchment. Cut into 16 squares and serve warm or cold!
*Enjoy with large serving of Gin
Recipe courtesy of PinchofNom and thank you to ELY for providing a sample of your gin to help us make these amazing brownies